The words here are fitting...
we once were lost, but now we are found.
My brother and sisters and I, that is... John, Julie, Amanda and I, have had the memory, hope, and dreams of being together again. On this occasion we went quite complete without Julie. But this occasion was like a memory from our childhood... only much sweeter with our children there to share it with us. Who knew a stroll at the park with the kids, a late night run to the Waffle House, and a midnight rerun of UFC could tug at the heartstrings so well. Well, it wasn't exactly a tug of the heartstrings, because that might be painful. Rather, it was more like having them tuned. Tuned to a memory, a hope and a dream.
My face ached from smiling, my voice choked from laughing and my heart was left tender from all the joy it carried that day. If every family gathering was this grand... I would be in sore shape!
While we were together late that night, my niece Lexie asked if I was coming over again soon. I had the sudden realization that I lived over 10 hours away from her. I had forgotten that. I was devastated! It was like I had come home, and then realized I had to leave... like it was a dream. I had to hold those girls a whole lot tighter after I realized it would be some time before I would see them again. We did have an amazing time together.
Here is hoping our time together again comes sooner.
I have learned that family, is the foundation that will always mold, heal, and inspire us. We must always be conscious of the difference we make to one another... in the simplest of ways.
There are no words to fill the volumes of healing I have had here with my brother and sisters.
I love you!!










No comments:
Post a Comment