20 January 2009

Paul's Mesa pictures...

My dear Paul took a trek to Arizona this last week to help some Amazonians at the Amazon.com facility in Goodyear Arizona. I was bummed when I realized he would be just 30 minutes from a favorite LDS temple of mine in Mesa. The architecture of the Mesa temple was patterned after pre-Columbian temples and the temple of Herod. It is unlike any of the other 125+ LDS temples throughout the world. While Paul was out there he was sweet enough to take some time to snap some pictures of the temple and the temple grounds, and the Visitors Center for me. The Christus that stands in the Visitors Center is especially breathtaking. Take a look at some of the beautiful pictures he brought back for me.... This is better than having Paul come home with a new Amazon.com hoodie... any day. Though I love my hoodies too babe!!



Paul took a picture of this painting that as in the Mesa Visitors Center, as it is by my favorite artist Carl Bloch. This is a model of Jerusalem with the temple of Herod.
These are the words that are written at the entrance of each LDS temple. It is a reminder of what I want our home to be patterned after.
Oh how lovely, a desert garden... and that my friends is why I live in the Midwest... I LOVE TREES!
Oh my sweet Paul laid down on the ground just to get this picture for me. He knows how I love my angled pictures.


Ahhh, the windows are pristine... see how the sky is reflected in the windows. Wait there is another one...
These carvings include depictions of both ancient inhabitants of Central and North America and other carvings of early American pioneer scenes as well.
Ah... you can even see the clouds in the sky reflected through the windows.
What is more serene than the sound of gentle waters flowing... especially in a desert!


Thanks for stopping by to share these favorite scenes with us...

3 comments:

Carrie said...

How sweet of him to take some pics for you!

deanna camper said...

wow! he did a good job with the pics! Hope your little family is doing well. We miss you guys!

Candids by Courtney said...

Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!! As far as sharp pictures go.....I just got a new camera, the Nikon D700 and I have to say it gets all the credit! :)

Thanks again for the kind words! You made my night!

All my best,
courtney

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails