03 April 2009

Crawling all over the world... p.s. watch out for the grass

So I think it was about Sunday, when in the middle of church, Mark crawled down the isle in one fell swoop. This was, without stopping to rock around or rest his belly on the floor. And since that day, nearly a week ago he has been racing us around the house. Which is the reason I can't seem to get a picture of him in motion.

My idea, get him outside... he'll take off... right?! Well he was in the grass to begin with... and then he started racing me across the yard. So I raced to get in front of him with the camera as he charted through the grass patch. Granted, our patch of yard is entirely 20 feet to the curb. Though he nearly beat me there... he was surprised to find the gritty concrete in between the blanket of grass... which he seemed content to waddle there. And here it was, the moment I got him crawling... with ten more feet of grass to go before the curb...


On your mark, get set, go...
Oh wait... maybe not... (Mommy... what's this? Well son, I fear you have short term memory at your age... this is grass... same as the patch you just came from... I assure you, its the same...)

And there it ended... there he sat and parked himself on his rump... to go no further...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Aja he is so adorable!
And you capture baby sweetness so well with your photography skills and your beautiful words. Makes me miss my baby's being baby's.
You're certainly a God-gifted artist!
Thanks for sharing.
Beautiful!
You "paint" such beautiful "pictures" of your beautiful family.
Something I only dream of doing with my own. You've got to get a business going. You have a great service to sell Aja.
~Melissa H.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails