I will never look at our moon the same again.... Thanks to a documentary, I now get teary eyed every time I look at the moon. Good grief!
It's been ever since Hannah has studied astronomy this year for earth science. We studied the planets, the moon, and the constellations. Luckily, her ancient Greek and Roman studies from history coincided with the constellation study in science.
Anyhow, we were able to watch a documentary of the moon, In the Shadow of the Moon (2007) about the first lunar landings with the Apollo missions. --NOW-- I am not a crying kind of woman, but I have found what makes me weep. When the verses from Genesis about the Creation were read on an Apollo mission on Dec 24th... I cried like a baby. When Neil Armstrong walked on the moon... I snorted like a baby because I cried so hard. This history is more than just history, it is a history that we are linked to... us ... here.... It is a history that testifies of worlds and creations beyond the limits of man.
It's been ever since Hannah has studied astronomy this year for earth science. We studied the planets, the moon, and the constellations. Luckily, her ancient Greek and Roman studies from history coincided with the constellation study in science.
Anyhow, we were able to watch a documentary of the moon, In the Shadow of the Moon (2007) about the first lunar landings with the Apollo missions. --NOW-- I am not a crying kind of woman, but I have found what makes me weep. When the verses from Genesis about the Creation were read on an Apollo mission on Dec 24th... I cried like a baby. When Neil Armstrong walked on the moon... I snorted like a baby because I cried so hard. This history is more than just history, it is a history that we are linked to... us ... here.... It is a history that testifies of worlds and creations beyond the limits of man.

Interestingly, the astronauts that served the Apollo missions remain the only US astronauts who have traveled to the moon. As they described their experiences they spoke with such reverence toward its Creator. I was able to share this and teach this to our children as a apart of their science studies this year. That we have faith, and a new knowledge, that this is the very Creator of our world, our moon, and those beyond it....
Who knew earth science could be so spiritually riveting?
And that my friends... is why... I homeschool!
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
(Genesis 1:1-2,14-18)
And worlds without number have I created; and I also created them for mine own purpose; and by the Son I created them, which is mine Only Begotten.
But only an account of this earth, and the inhabitants thereof, give I unto you. For behold, there are many worlds that have passed away by the word of my power. And there are many that now stand, and innumerable are they unto man; but all things are numbered unto me, for they are mine and I know them.
But only an account of this earth, and the inhabitants thereof, give I unto you. For behold, there are many worlds that have passed away by the word of my power. And there are many that now stand, and innumerable are they unto man; but all things are numbered unto me, for they are mine and I know them.
(Moses 1:33,35)








1 comment:
Paul and Aja, your family is DARLING!
Post a Comment