Hannah's 8th birthday was... hmmmm.... bittersweet for me. I could never imagine this day before. It is a special birthday, as it will be celebrated with her baptism with family in Las Vegas soon. It is a sweet and welcomed celebration, but I cannot help but look back and realize I can never pull those moments from her childhood back into the present. Nor can I hold on to the moments we share at present. So you see it is a bittersweet gift to see her as she is now, and never again as she once was... But, alas, there is still the greater joy in her adventure and experience to come... we love you Hannah Banana, my Pumpkin Eater, our My Sunshine, some may say, Hannah Marie... so it seems she is called by many names, but will always be celebrated as my Hannah Jane...
Now, for her birthday we enjoyed a small family retreat to the Great Wolf Lodge in Kansas City. I have added here some of those things, and shared a few of those moments throughout these posts...
- TRex Cafe (w/ meteor showers happening every half hour)
- Dino Dig
- Discovery Creek... panning for gems
- Build a Dino, by Build a Bear Workshop Co (A green brachisaurus named Starr, and a pink brachisaurus named Pinky Pie)
- Legends 14 Theater (watching UP in the stadium theater)
- Cold Stone Creamery (blueberry ice cream with white chocolate chips and sprinkles)
- Storytime with Wiley the Wolf
- Chocolate fondue for dessert... nuff said!
- Singing on parade during breakfast time @ the Camp Critter Grill restaurant
- and most enjoyed, the waterpark at the Great Wolf Lodge...
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Hannah! Looks like you guys had a blast, what a great b-day.
Post a Comment