Since I moved back to the Midwest five years ago, I have always wanted to go back to the childhood home of my memories. We moved to California when I was five, and though I spent my childhood growing up in California, the Midwest has always felt like home for me. Some people refer to it as a 'slower' pace, while I think of it as a 'simpler' life. I guess having family to come home to always made it a sweeter memory.
So this past week when I drove from Kentucky to Missouri to celebrate my mom's 50th birthday bash over Labor Day weekend, I went down memory lane through the town I was born in... Warrensburg, MO. Simple enough huh?!
So I thought I would share a few memories, with a twist on then and now.
This is in the front next to the infamous post, where the berry bush used to grow. Behind Hannah, across the street is a grass lot between two houses. There are railroad tracks running JUST behind the houses, so I used to count the cars of the train as it ran along here. Yet the train seemed to jump out to me as it appeared between the two houses behind this lot.








No comments:
Post a Comment