11 February 2008

Hamming it up!

After a warm and toasty Sunday evening at home with the family, we awoke to ice everywhere outside. The girls have been hibernating long enough it seems, and their personalities are just dying to break free outside in some warm spring air. Sara Kate shared a bit of her own energy, which is always plentiful when the camera is around.




Aside from her beauty, the girls have built a town of Lincoln Logs and Little People this morning. We have life size paper cutouts of each of the girls to draw, paste, and color their body parts and systems onto for our human body unit, this will keep us busy until spring arrives and the green thumbs come tumbling outdoors for an exploration of plants and life in early spring. Hannah has been doing well with her reading and math, while we are endeavoring to uncover ancient civilizations after the flood of Noah. With these as our daily goals, it keeps our minds off the weather outside... as we continue I see a bit of warm light at the end of my own tunnel of education. I will be finally receiving my associates, in International Business, after being away from school for 6 and a half years since Hannah's birth. My feat will be realized March 2.... the noise makers are already poised and ready for action! As I look outside, I hope for a miracle that the ice will melt and the sun will shine.... another day I suppose...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails