It has been a little over a week since baby Mark was born and life continues to amaze us with the joys and blessings of children and family. The girls have grown up even in this first week of Mark being home. Maybe its having a smaller child to compare them to... but the girls have such a desire to help, to love and to share with with Mark and the family. We have had grandparents, great-grandparents, and friends come to visit with them and Mark, and the girls have such a sense of pride and a true sense of family as they share their new baby brother. Sara Kate did have a moment though, when she asked, "Daddy is Mark my baby?" And Paul answered with a smile, "well he is our baby," meaning the whole family. And Sara Kate sounded so disappointed when she responded, "but I thought he was mine." So there it is.... But really the girls have shared many "nosies" with him and giggled over his many faces. And all the while being spoiled by Grandma and Great-Grandparents alike. Grandma and I spent the afternoon at Target this week and when we got home, Hannah was overjoyed to get her first bicycle with training wheels, from Grandma for her birthday. She has spent the last two days practicing up and down the sidewalk and the driveway. Since the girls are old enough I started to store milk for the girls to feed Mark, and I am amazed at the sense of joy they have in sharing this responsibility and newfound opportunity. The following pictures are some of this weeks highlights... with more to follow....
Hannah and Sara Kate with Mark.

Mommy and Mark's first day home.

The girls newfound opportunities.

A glimpse of Mark up close.

The most common remark we hear about Mark is of course, how much hair he has... but if only they saw the hair on his arms and back. The nurse reassured Paul that it would fall out... we'll wait to see! He has dark blue eyes right now. And he is very quite and alert, aside from when he wants to eat. For a boy he seems too pretty... so I find myself checking his diaper to make sure he truly is a boy. And for a mother who doesn't like blue... I have to say I love my little man in blue. We look forward to seeing the personality that he sparks us all with... so until next time we will all have to wonder on that point. Good night!
6 comments:
He is a beautiful baby! I'm so sad we're moving and I won't see him (and you and the girls) as much. We won't be too far and I plan on visiting and you are more than welcome to come see us too. And yes, the hair will fall out... at least most of it. Dylan looked like a little monkey when he was born, but it's okay because they're boys :)
Congratulations Aja!! He's a beautiful little boy!
Man is he cute, your girls are going to spoil him rotten! They do seem to grow up right before your eyes, don't they? That happened with my older DS once we bought the baby home, almost overnight!
I love that little sleepy face! You have a beautiful family.
CONGRATS AJA to you and your family!!!! oh my gosh, he is just the cutest lil thing ever!!! I sooo want a baby now... how exciting and love all the family photos
He is adorable! You know its true the saying about how boys change thier mothers whole out look on life. The girls look very happy to have a brother. and yes usually the hair falls out. My youngest looked like a monkey she had so much. the hair on her ears was as long as the hair on her head and all the body hair fell out except some on her back which is now blond. Hope you are feeling great and keep us all posted.
Aja, so absolutely wonderful to hear from you. You guys have been out there for many years now. Your children and family are so beautiful, congrats on the new addition. I LOVE that name Mark. And the girls...well, I don't know your husband well, but I think they both look just like you even though they look different from eachother, so wonderful...those beautiful blue eyes! Take care, Erin
Post a Comment