26 June 2008

Our Little Mermaid

I had planned for this summer to provide some entertainment and merriment for the girls, since mommy would be performing below par as one of the girls mates. So planned and enacted it has been. Hannah has swim lessons in the mornings for these first two weeks, and while she kicks and paddles, and inhales large amounts of water it seems, Sara Kate, Mark and I play in the wading pool for the morning. To see the gleeful smiles of the girls is what makes the trek out of the house worth the effort. As a bonus, I know Sara Kate will be ready for a nap in record time thereafter. Though after these first few lessons, Sara Kate says she is ready for the big pool. Well La-Te-Daa!

See it is a strange thing... time, really- in the mind of a young child it is intangible. Since Hannah had her birthday (more posting on that soon) this month and turned 7, it has been at the most random moments that Sara Kate comes breathlessly to ask, "Am I 4 yet?", "Am I 4 now?"... oh the pain it causes me to say... no sunshine not until October. Uh, let me explain... uh, many many days... still questioning...many many weeks... becoming frustrated... four more months sweetie... her expression... oh that sounds more doable. And while swimming I see that Sara Kate becomes quickly bored with the level of activity she has been given... hence her happiness with the park and its varied forms of sliding and swinging. She is definitely growing up rapidly and brilliantly before our eyes it seems... though not rapidly enough for her it seems.





1 comment:

Melonie said...

Oh she looks so happy! Super cute pics and Baby Mark is absolutely gorgeous! Huge Congrats to all of you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails