28 May 2010

Homemaking... what am I really making?


So first I have to say I am soooo very thankful that we have been able to travel so much this season. I feel like a bird with new wings. After we returned hoem from the East Coast in early May, I turned around two weeks later and packed up to visit family in Missouri and dear friends in Kansas. As I have been homesick since we moved to Kentucky nine months ago, this trip was a bit of therapy for me. As my friend Pam put it, "Have fun. But when you come home this time, come home to stay." I have to admit I have felt like I left my heart in Kansas. Well, on the advice of my dear friend, I have taken to building new memories. Here, in Kentucky. Thank you Pam. I realize each day how much I need yor friendship here. Today was my beginning... small though it was... it was precious to me.

Now, no return trip home is without its mountains (or mole hills, however you see it) of laundry to unravel... so I took to it today... with a few detours on the way.

I started full force, unloading the loads of laundry from our two week trip. Then I had to insert music, to keep any momentum going. Ohhh, but then the sunshine called me with a wee sentimental tune playing in my ears. I am a daydreamer, ponderer and reminiscent all rolled up into one. And what more could you ask for in a moment of silence... but a bouncing, rumbling, tumbling boy to tackle you at the perfect introspective moment. Any other moment and it probably would have felt like an intrusion... but today it was a welcomed detour from my supposed homemaking task of laundry.

As you can see... the story of our afternoon unfolds here in pictures. And the thoughts and memories I have found myself pondering become real to me.

I HAVE come home to stay. And a home I must make. But it will not be made of laundry and chores. But the moments here, that we share today.

"If you spend all your time reminiscing on old memories, you won't have room for new memories to be reminiscent of." Thank you for that Susan. I do so love you.









2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE these pics of you! I'm also loving the new blog banner (knew to me at least) You can come do my laundry because I forgot again today! opsy.

Keeping Life Creative said...

Now I'm crying. So glad you are home. I need you too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails