Now Hannah has two yellow tips on her white belt and she is preparing for her yellow belt next. Congrats to my big girl!!
15 April 2008
Congrats to my Hannah Banana!
Hannah has been so excited to be selected for the belt testings in her karate class. Hannah has always been laid back and more submissive than her mother and younger sister counterparts, but to see her blossom with confidence and skill while learning her karate forms has been an experience that I value equally as much as she does. Her two teachers, Master Lewis and Mr Peterman, have hearts of gold which truly show Hannah this is a form of discipline not aggression. Now Daddy was concerned she wouldn't hold her position while sparring (one-on-one) with the other students, he would tell her, "now don't step back, keep moving forward." And I was so proud to see her hold her own and land her punches and kicks. It still makes me giggle though, to hear her yell "KI-YA!" with such a serious demeanor. This first picture was just as they were beginning the belt testing.
This was her practice front punch to prepare for breaking the board, which is always a highlight!!
Because I was so excited to get all the shots I MISSED the actual breaking of the board because I was trying to switch to video. I was almost in tears I that my camera wasn't responding fast enough to get the shot. But she broke it on the first try and it was such an exciting moment.
Now Hannah has two yellow tips on her white belt and she is preparing for her yellow belt next. Congrats to my big girl!!
Now Hannah has two yellow tips on her white belt and she is preparing for her yellow belt next. Congrats to my big girl!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment