Growing up I always had the pleasure and joy of easter egg hunts and the surprises that were found in the early morning of Easter Sunday. As Easter's have come and gone, and our children begin to learn the joys of Easter... I am always hoping to find an empty egg on our hunt, just as Mary found the empty tomb on that now cherished and celebrated day. All these eggs may be colored and glittered, but the true gift of this holiday is the realization and testimony that when Mary sought Jesus's dead body within the tomb, she was surpised and even pained not to find him. But then the joy that followed in seeing him and the realization that he, the Son of God, had power over death to pick up his body and live again.This is an eternal gift, eternal salvation, for all who seek after him and follow him. While these eggs hold excitement and joy for young children in their discovery, I find myself as a child again with my own personal discovery and renewed testimony that Jesus Christ lives. There is proof of His life, purpose and resurrection if we seek after it. Happy hunting!!!
03 April 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
those are beautiful! such an amazing time of year right now.
Cute kiddies Aja! I totally remember you. So you have two adorable girls and are expecting a boy! Congratulations!! I'll be sure to tell the Gunnell boys hi for you. Take Care and stay in touch.
Post a Comment