Crafty, originally uploaded by Shoupfam2000.
This hilarious photo was passed on to me from my sister-in-law Bridget and it just sums it up for me.... I never considered myself talented or gifted in any sense... until Paul & I were married. Then it seems our lives unfolded, specifically the roles and gifts placed in our lives. Paul is gifted with people and leadership in all aspects, while we have joked I am a crafty one. Well it may be a little thing to say, I am crafty, but I must admit whether you call it a gift or talent, it is from God. Taking pictures, creating scrapbook pages, and designing the expressions of our home, as well as homeschooling the girls, these are gifts that I never imagined for myself. I am constantly overcome by the feeling that these are the gifts that have been prepared and saved for me, as they serve to bless, touch and inspire our little family. It is the reminder to me that God not only knows us individually, but blesses us individually, with those things that speak to us, teach us and inspire us personally. Paul has met success with his own talents, and while my talents are different from his and used in different ways, it is the balance and the beauty of our own individual gifts, roles and talents that mold us and our family. So call it a little thing, as compared to the great gift of bearing a child. But I am so thankful to share any gift I may have, to bless our posterity with the pictures and pages of our family's history, and to touch our friends and family with these pictures and pages we share, all the while inspiring Paul & I to live righteously and endure together to share the blessings of bearing and rearing these children.









3 comments:
This pic is AWESOME! I may need to pass this on to all of my family... Or at least their husbands! Right now, Jaime Thompson, Jaime's sister, Summer Davis, Kristen Thompson, Brandon Waldron's wife, Derek Waldron's wife, you, and my friend's Melissa Vaudreuil Morris & Melissa Emery Sears are all PREGGO! Brandon's baby was born though. It's a baby CRAZE right now! I think they all would love this!
And just so you know, I think you are AMAZING! I don't know if I could ever be a stay at home mom AND home school my 2 kids (if they ever happen), especially WHILE being PREGGO myself! I don't know how you do it!
I hope you know what an amazing thing that is! You're family will be so blessed for your sacrifice!
I hope. . . I get a chance to sacrifice for a family someday. . so keep, keeping your eye out for some awesome, down to earth guy for me! I found one (Shaun) but, he's not L.D.S.
The church is so important to me but, I just wonder if I will ever be lucky enough to find a guy who is L.D.S. AND someone I can fall in love WITH!
It sucks to feel like I'm never going to find and L.D.S. guy as PERFECT as him! Grrrr. Anyway, I will keep trying to have faith but, i dunno.
I love you all, miss you all, and CANNOT WAIT to see you guys again soon! If you wanna go to St. Louis with me, lemme know!
oh, AND. . . .
Yeah, I have learned more about Paintball in the last 2 weeks than I would have ever imagined. I should have manned up and played myself though. I will have to do that so I can check it off my Life's Adventures List. I should probably make that list BEFORE I try and check it off though, huh? lol.
Well Aja my dear, I will have one more thing to check off that imaginary list soon. I am moving to Texas for the summer and plan on making another road trip your way. I think my friend, Scott, will be making it with me but... if it doesn't inconvenience you, your hubby, and beautiful bay bay's... would it be alright if we stopped by and hung out (and possibly took up residence on your couch for a night) while passing through?
Our plan (If Scott joins me) is to leave Mon April 21st, stop in Denver and attend a Rockies game or dine for dinner, visit you on Tues the 22nd, find something fun to do in St. Louis on the 23rd, cruise through Arkansas & Louisiana until arriving in New Orleans the 24th, have a BLAST there, and then RACE to Texas by the 25th. If Scott rides with me, he needs to fly out Fri night or Sat morn, if not, I can start a little earlier and stretch it out a little longer. I just need to set up our office in TX by Saturday the 26th. I will be in Brownsville/McAllen TX.
I hope it all works out (our trip)! Talk it over with Paul and let me know. Love ya!
i love that avie. so perfect! glad to have you over at serendipity, you are a such an inspiration!
Post a Comment