We really enjoyed those two weeks with family and friends. With trips to San Diego, Disneyland, and Los Angeles and here at the beach... we couldn't have asked for a better time together. Now I will have to scrap some of Hannah's beach pictures from this same trip . She was quiet the explorer of shells. But more of that soon... enjoy!!
22 May 2008
Remembering Cali
It has been a year now since our last visit to California. Hannah was born there, though we moved to Kansas when she was three. While Sara Kate had never been there, or even seen some of our family. It was a blast to have us all there together. Now I am not particularly fond of water, but the beach was always a signature Cali stop-off point with friends and family. Despite the thought of ocean waves making my stomach churn... it is magical to see the awe and wonder in the faces of our girls playing with the sand and the water. On this one particular day, after going to the Costa Mesa Marketplace with my mom, buying bikes for the girls, and eating fresh churros and fresh kettle corn... it was a welcome stop off at the beach to watch the girls eyeing the waves, back and forth, like the childhood game of tickle monster played at home... i.e. Daddy. The layout I did today is a glimpse of some of those memories. I included a great family shot we had taken by my mother, and then there are my favorite keepsake pictures of Paul with the girls playing at his feet. And if you are wondering... the hot chick with Sara Kate, highlighted by the pink circle... that is my mommy!! Hasn't she grown up to be a pretty girl... too bad I don't take after her more... hmmph.
We really enjoyed those two weeks with family and friends. With trips to San Diego, Disneyland, and Los Angeles and here at the beach... we couldn't have asked for a better time together. Now I will have to scrap some of Hannah's beach pictures from this same trip . She was quiet the explorer of shells. But more of that soon... enjoy!!
We really enjoyed those two weeks with family and friends. With trips to San Diego, Disneyland, and Los Angeles and here at the beach... we couldn't have asked for a better time together. Now I will have to scrap some of Hannah's beach pictures from this same trip . She was quiet the explorer of shells. But more of that soon... enjoy!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
SERIOUSLY, your pages are SICK! In a good way! I have NEVER been able to scrap like that. I need to start taking whatever craft pill you've been grubbin on lately so that my pages will look like that! It's so funny because I have substituted blogging for writing in my journal AND scrapbooking. And why not? I get to combine 2 things into 1 here in my blog. But, not you, YOU are TRULY AMAZING!!! Scrapbooking, photography, blogging, raising 2 kids, home schooling BOTH of them, taking care of 1 husband, being one of the best friends a girl could have, and all while PREGGO! That is insanely AMAZING! I may have to move to Kansas for awhile after the summer so that your creative juices might spill onto me (or my scrap pages). As my brother David would say. . . I love you like a fat kid loves cake! lol.
What a great layout. . .I may have to lift it. I love the picture of Sara Kate in the corner -- just adorable. I hope you are feeling okay. You are in my thoughts & prayers.
Post a Comment