It's late Sunday night, and baby Mark will be here early in the morning. We are thrilled, and anxious, and curious, and scared, all rolled into one tiny package. He has been moving around a lot this past week and it is a curious site to see his legs rubbing back and forth across my belly. I must say, baby Mark seems very excited himself. He has enjoyed hearing Hannah learn to read each morning, and also hearing us sing primary songs before reading at bedtime. I do realize that girls and boys will be different by nature, but I truly pray he will have a love and bond of friendship with his sisters that will help to strength this little family. I will not deny the fact that I am molding a mama's boy, even as as I carry him now. My dear Paul is a mama's boy... and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Now this evening hasn't been the grand hoopla I would have liked to make for our last evening with just our girls. Is it ever as we expect? We took the girls to some friends to spend the night... and being their first sleepover... they are sure to remember and enjoy their night with some of their favorite friends. Paul and I enjoyed a heart-to-heart this evening at home, contemplating the births of the girls and the new and exciting moments this one will bring shortly. So this evening has been, not what I thought, but truly what I needed.
The name we have chosen is very special to us, Mark Dillon. This is Paul's grandfather's name, Mark Dillon McAllister. When we were married we lived with him for the first 2 years of our marriage. And though some might snicker at the thought of living with Grandpa while newly married... it was an exciting time. While beginning our marriage was a step toward our future, we do not want to forget or make light of our beginnings. Grandpa Mark lives in St George, Utah, the same stomping grounds he grew up on. Paul and Grandpa Mark share a few qualities that make any women's life enjoyable. They are both color-blind, and arguably so. You can argue color 'til the cows come home boys, but two color-blind men against one color savvy lady isn't going to make you right in the end. So sorry!! Their sense of humor is shared through the stories they share and their life's experiences growing up with their siblings. Grandpa Mark was the last of 14 children and so his stories have always showed his charm, humor and love for family... just as Paul's does. The coming days, months and years... are sure to bring many more memories of Grandpa Mark as we watch our little Mark begin to grow. We want Grandpa to know how very much we love and miss our time with him... and pray he knows what an honor it is to have our baby boy share his name. We love you Grandpa!
01 June 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
Aja, I'm calling you right now! I didn't know his birth was PLANNED! I can't believe you are having a baby boy today! That is so exciting! I CANNOT WAIT to see pictures! Hannah and Sarah Kate had their very 1st sleepover this last night!?! That had to have been DO MUCH FUN! I bet a little scary for you and PAul though! Well, CONGRATULATION on BABY MARK! I didn't know that you were naming him after Paul's Grandpa, what an amazing HONOR! I can't wait to meet baby Mark soon! Good luck with the birth and the next few sleepless months!!!! I MISS and LOVE you ALL!!! WELCOME TO THIS WONDERFUL WORLD BABY MARK!!!!!
Post a Comment