22 October 2008

All the fair food you can eat in one hour... at Neewollah

Neewollah is OFFICIALLY here! And by that I mean, we have finally sampled the fair food. For those who haven't caught on yet, Neewollah is Halloween spelled backwards, and it ain't easy spellin' it either. Anyhow, it is an annual fair with shows and festivities- complete with a parade... here in Independence, Kansas a week before Halloween. It originated about 100 years ago when the people were trying to keep the hoodlums from making a ruckus and causing trouble during Halloween. And it stuck!

So tonight... Paul got home from work at like 6pm, frantically waiting to head downtown for the fair food of his dreams. While I casually decided to decorate the front porch with tidbits of fall. Oh, then I decided I needed to take a shower before we headed downtown. Well then, I had to put on my face and play with my hair, oh and try on four different black shirts. Well, finally we made it out of the house, and two blocks to downtown for a smorgasbord of fair food. After an hour Sara Kate said, I think I am going to throw up... Paul and I were like, "Already?! We're just getting started honey!" So I thought it would be interesting to keep a running list of the fixin's we have tried. For tonight here is the tally...

Fried Cheese on a Stick (2)
Smoked Turkey Leg
Frozen Lemonade
Indian Taco
Foot Long Corn Dog
Cotton Candy- The Monster Bag
Fried Snickers Candy Bar
Dippin' Dots Ice Cream (2)

I am looking forward to some Honey Roasted Pecans and the Pecan Caramel Roll in the next few days. For this evening, here is Sara Kate and a dinner made for a princess...
Fried Cheese on a Stick.
More soon...

1 comment:

Erin Thompson said...

Yummy! You have some awesome photos by the way.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails