We have six more weeks until June 2nd... Mark is scheduled for arrival. I am fond of surprises though, so I have calmly shared with him that he is welcome any time before then. It has been fun looking at the little boy clothes and getting used to blues and greens, as opposed to the girls pinks and purples. I have been particularly into browns and oranges... though I am afraid I may turn him into a wild monkey with all my ideas of brown color schemes and personality assumptions.
Last night, Sara Kate was talking to Grandma on the phone and she said, "Mark Dillon is still asleep, but when he wakes up we will cut him out with a knife. But he is asleep in the blood right now, so mommy's belly is all squishy." It is always exciting to hear the anticipation from a child's view, such as Hannah and Sara Kate's. Though Hannah has gotten used to the fact that he will not talk for some time. I can only imagine her anticipation of playing with him in the dirt, with the balls, and amongst the bugs, beetles and other wild creatures. While Sara Kate is content to caress, cuddle and baby Mark from the start. So it seems both the girls have their unique qualities that will be a welcome addition to having a baby brother.
Other quirks of being pregnant...
Pregnancy Cravings: Guacamole, donuts, soda fizz
Pregnancy Temperament: Unfriendly... similiar to that of a volcano or ice glacier-- calmed only by my dear Paul.
Pregnancy Habits: Walks with the girls, cleaning frantically, and studying the behaviors of these impish creatures called little boys.
Phrases most often heard: The cashier I had never met before at Lowe's, "Wow you've dropped!" Then there is,"Are you still pregnant?" from those who see me randomly in our small town. Strangers often ask the girls if they are excited to have a baby brother, which the girls often respond "HisnameisMarkdillonshoup" with record speed. The word Markdillonshoup is now a household name and may cause confusion when referred to as simply Mark or baby brother.
Pregnancy Appearance: Well... I often wear black to smooth over the bumps, and so I am careful not to wear a white shirt, in the case I will be mistaken as a penguin. I have taken on other penguin habits, such as flapping my arms, usually in protest to the level of noise, as noted by Hannah in her artwork.
Paul's symptoms: Back pain and heartburn... we think he is suffering from sympathy pains. Also severe humor, as a distraction from my mood and discomfort... though it often makes me pee. And a limitless amount of love which seems to radiate from him through it all!!
We look forward to the surprises that await us all!
28 April 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
how exciting!!! and what an exciting time in your life.. I have to say even though it was hard, I loved being pregnant!!! hopefully it will happen just once more. CONGRATS
Your little one will be here before you know it!
That's funny, I have been into brown and blues for my little guy, too- even found this cute set with monkeys on it from Old Navy!
Oh...it won't be long! Don't you just love the comments strangers have for pregnant women?? I always got the there's-no-way-you're-not-having-twins comments...I tend to get really big. No wonder we get so violent when preggo!! :)
Post a Comment