13 May 2008

Summer is upon us!!

With the addition of baby Mark in early June I am sure our summer will be an eventful one. With schools getting out and the hot weather beginning our girls can only think of one thing, the "Pool Park". We have a dandy water park in our small town, and thankfully it is kid-friendly for the smaller children. I only hope I can figure a way to acclimate Mark to the sites and sounds of such an experience. Along with the excitement of the water park, Paul and I really want to keep ourselves in a regular routine of reading, learning and playing with the girls. For the summer we have some plans for a more laid-back routine that rolls with our small town ways. Feel free to jump in if you have some ideas as well...

Time with the girls...
Exploration Place in Wichita
Tulsa Zoo
Nature book (illustrated)
Journal/story writing (illustrated)
Playing in the garden tending to the vegetables
Sidewalk chalk murals (Hannah's specialty)
Making some new pen pals (once more... complete with illustrations)
Visits from Grandma (Cali), Great-Grandma (Missouri), and Grandma Shoup (Cali)

Time for Paul & I
paint the house
tile the bathroom shower
start running again... at my 6 week postpartum mark
GO ON A DATE!!

My Time
Read, read, read...
finish Work & the Glory Vol 2
my Neal A. Maxwell library
Isaiah for Airheads
The Zeezrom Syndrome
The 7 Habits for Highly Effective Families
Jane Eyre
As a Man Thinketh
...and maybe an afternoon or two of scrapbooking the girls with their new baby brother.

So what might your summer checklist look like... some fun or sun?! Everyone has to freshen up somehow... shake off the winter blues and the spring buds for a full bloom... of you!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like you have a fun summer lined out! Love the Tulsa zoo...we'll probably be getting over there at some point this summer. Did I ever tell you I used to live in Wichita??

Sarah and the rest of the family said...

If you are willing to drive the whole way, the Wichita Zoo is awesome -- even better than the Tulsa zoo.

Fingerpaint - mom will have as much fun as the girls if she gets as messy and makes art. Then hose everyone off.

Have fun! My summer checklist has one thing right now -- SURVIVE.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails