"Don't you just love New York in the fall? If I knew your name and address, I would send you a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils." What movie is this? Now for the prize... if you know the answer I will send a RAK of scraps to the one who obsesses over this movie as much as I.
Man I could sit and watch this repeatedly in anticipation of the coming season! I must say this line always comes to my mind when I am anticipating autumn time. Okay, I will be the one to say it, summer is overrated. Besides the Fourth of July there isn't much to shoot for during the summer out here in the outskirts of Oz. I mean even on the Fourth of July life is haphazard... I live a block away from the fire department... no one was getting any sleep on this block. Then there is me... Wal-Mart started their seasonal sale of crayons, pencils and glue sticks this week and I was like a kid in a candy store... so bring on the school frenzied sales and the beginning of fall leaves. NOW, those are some picturesque scenes I tell you! I am ready for the end of summer... and anticipating the quiet time with my girls on the couch reading, making paper mache planets, dioramas of world geography, adding endless numbers with the abacus, our own mummified potatoes reminiscent of ancient Egypt, towering piles of library books, and lists of Latin root words. I am just tickled to make our book list this week as I thumb through all the books trying to decide what is first, next and last... just wishing we could read them all at the same time. (More this week... on our family homeschool schedule.) I must say... as it seems quite obvious... pull the shade on summer ya'll , grab a book and enjoy the cool and crisp breezes of fall!
Figured out that movie yet?! Let me know with your contact info as well...
Thanks for stepping into our storybook here... (((HUGS)))
15 July 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








5 comments:
You've Got Mail :) AquaRubyMom [at] gmail [dot] com -- I need to sit and watch that again -- such a sweet movie.
I hear ya on stocking up on school supplies, I need to start getting some really soon. Nice to meet another homeschooling family. :)
Good job chica!! I will get with ya in the morning!!
Aja
ohhh that one stumped me on the movie triva... but I on the other hand am NOT ready for school yet, love the lasy summer, staying up and out late with the kids outside and don't want that too end, and hubby BBQing for me so I don't cook, don't want to give that up yet!!
That's from You've got mail Meg Ryan messages it to Tom Hanks!!!!
great movie!
Post a Comment