30 July 2008

A New Chapter

Well we have clearly jumped off the deep end here and provided you, along with ourselves, an enticing twist in the Shoup Story. After visiting a friend here in town, just two doors down this beautiful Victorian caught my eye. And I thought... hmmm... what would I do with a house like that? Well after feeding my cravings for design by looking up the realtor and the pictures of this large beauty, we ventured off to look at it. Then, we ventured back to look again... and again. And now, we are in escrow to buy this beauty. Oh the things I could tell you about this house... let's just say it is HUGE, its like a wonderland... and hopefully in 60 days it will be The Shoup's Wonderland. Now, I will have to pay more attention over at the Nesting Place blog to get my ducks in a row... or should I say my wing back chairs in a row. Oh I am completely tickled! Click here to check out the digs to this house...


Another point to this fine day and this story is... the current owner of our future abode. After walking through the house I noticed some tropical touches, and endless seasonal place settings (obviously someone who cooks and entertains often)... and then the face and the cover of one of our family's favorite recipe books. Naam Priutt! ...and her book Lemongrass & Limes. In fact, it was in the sun room off of the master suite that our dear friend and realtor Amber just nonchalantly mentioned that this is where she writes her recipes. Now we all know I will not be carrying any torch to writing recipes... but any that know us, know that Paul's taste buds must be peaked and quenched with new foods regularly. So since we moved here in April 2006 and received this book as a gift as a housewarming gift... we have experienced Thai food regularly and we have been amazed at how simply extravagant this food does seem. Those two words 'simply extravagant' are an oxymoron in a sense, but truly it is fairly simple to find, purchase and prepare these foods, yet the experience of dining with them is a much more extravagant experience. ... oh, and surprisingly filling as well. Now I won' t be cutting up my fruits into extravagant shapes and features. But this book does offer a variety of meal courses and entertaining tips to prepare and carry off a splendid Thai dining experience.

Now, if only I could meet her this weekend at her rummage sale!

3 comments:

Sarah and the rest of the family said...

Congratulations, Aja! I thought the house looked familiar and I stopped reading to look away and think. . . now I understand why I recognized it. Hmmm, Is Naam staying in Indy or is she leaving for Food Network?

Aja Jenise said...

Naam is moving to St Louis... actually HGTV was mentioned for a food/cooking show... but Food Network would seem more appropriate right?! Her book is on Amazon.com as well... that's quite an accomplishment eh?! You outta write a book Sarah... with the tales you could tell... can I preorder now!

Aja

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to hear that we will be neighbors! I would love to see the house you will be departing from before you move, since I didn't get a chance before Ms. Evelyn came. By the way, have you checked out our blog? My hubby actually spent the past two nights spicing it up - I think he did quite a good job! As you can tell, we obviously "borrowed" most of our ideas from our favorite blogsite! Let me know if you need help boxing or anything else. I 'm sure we'll be postponing our scrapbooking sessions; I look forward to many of those once your just two doors down! April

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails