Well since we are in the process of making our home spiffy right now. And as the inside of the home has been well loved... it is the outside of the home that is in need of some serious TLC. We have been painting the outside and I am in charge of the particulars of the front porch, along with three children, homeschool lessons, cleaning... oh and one of those chitlins is our newly born baby Mark. Anyhow, I bought some canvas drop clothes at Sherwin Williams and cut and divided them along the front porch. Now I must say, FROM the porch it looks great... BUT from the front of the home... I am not so sure. Please give me your HONEST ideas....
I tacked them up there haphazardly, but should I tidy them up by tacking them in a tight straight line? hmmm... its puzzling...
Thanks for taking a peek... leave me a love note... I am in need of a little TLC myself...








4 comments:
They look great. I've been wanting to mistreat my little porch forever, you've given me some great ideas. You maybe boy is so stinkin adorable, it's making me want a baby :)
ok...here is the honesty you asked for...even though you hardly know me! I'd take them down for now until you are finished painting...then re-evaluate. You might not need them...but if you keep them i would put them on rings...like what the nester had in her old dining room...and i wouldn't puddle them...by the way...i love your front door treatment...great fabric!
Hello...that's such a cool idea! I really like the concept,and I like the new paint colors! Maybe the length could be not so long for more of a simple look, and after they age a little and become less stiff...they'll be perfect!But I wanted to pop in and say Hi...and offer TLC! Hope you have a great Wednesday!
:o)
Karrie
Hello Aja,
I love them!! I had some up on my porch... but had to take down... BUT still planning on putting them back up after I get my two post up on either side of the stairs. :D
I am going to use hooks, for the ceiling, and gromets for the curtains, probably evenly spaced... and hang them that way... I can also take them down to wash when needed!! I just wanted to stop back by and say thank you again for the inspiration... and thanks for stopping by mine :D
Hope your having a wonderful Monday!!
http://www.whatscookninjunk.blogspot.com
Post a Comment