Okay I am having an absolute hayday with these mistreatments. Need I say it again, check out The Nesting Place blog for some creative and inspiring ideas for dressing and mistreating the home. There will be need to break the bank or neglect the family and home. I was able to mistreat a window while heating Mac & Cheese and I didn't even overcook the noodles. I just picked out a yard of fabric , grabbed a fringe to dress it up and my new best friend... le hot glue gunne. YEE-AH! I even decided to pleat the fabric while standing on the ladder and then I tacked it up with upholstery tacks. So what do ya say... is it time to live a little? To hell with the curtain rods girls... it will make it that much less daunting!
I am on my way to get some more to finish off the family room, and then make another round of mistreatments for the living room. I have to say, with our ten foot ceilings and NO crown mouldings it really brings the eye up in a room. Thanks for the inspiration Nester...
PS The front porch mistreaments are being revisited and revised... I will be back with those soon.








3 comments:
Schnikes woman, with all the fabulous mistreatments!!! Love, love, LOVE it. You're an inspiration!
(and a damn good read, too!)
Cool job, girl. Isn't this about the point you get mad that you didn't do all this when you moved in so you could enjoy it for a little while longer.
That's what I hate about selling a house -- you finally do all the things you dreamed of and then its time to leave.
PS - still can't get the getaway video loaded on blogger, but I got it onto Facebook if you are on there.
Aja,
Love your blog!!
I also live in middle Kansas!! We have a family named Shoup in town... when I seen your blog... I wondered... could it be??? Well, you all could be relate... I don't know. :D
Loved all the reading!! Hope to see you soon again!!
http://www.whatscookninjunk.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment